So I started searching the interwebs for some cool things that happened or already "were" 30 years ago and found some really neat stuff and cool facts. Let me share...
1. The average rent in the US in 1983 was $335.00 per month. Seems about right - I think my first apartment was about $300 a month.
2. China's population reaches 1 Billion. Explains why everything is made in China.
3. Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) launched. Say No to Drugs! Seems to be working well (HA).
4. The first mobile phone was introduced to the public by Motorola. Not sure if this is good or bad. Cell phones are OK in the right hands.
5. Sally Ride became the first woman in space. R.I.P. American Hero.
6. Margaret Thatcher wins landslide victory in the UK. My cat is named Margaret Thatcher because she's an ass kicker too.
7. Microsoft Word is released. Still doesn't always work right but they're working on it if you'll just download this little patch for it!
8. McDonald's introduces the McNugget. We're still pondering what's actually in it. Is it chicken? Is Frankenchicken? Was it ever alive?
9. The final episode of M.A.S.H. airs. Hot Lips Houlihan, Major Burns, Hawkeye! Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.
10. National Lampoon's Vacation released.
I think you're all fucked in the head! We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation, it's a quest. It's a quest for fun, I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun, we're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah out of your assholes! I gotta be crazy; I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose! Praise Marty Moose! - Clark Griswold.
Now excuse me while I rock down to "Electric Avenue" to see my friend "Billie Jean" who might "Blind me with Science".
|Looks! It's Men Working!|